The third generation AllMed AVC Helmet features a new double-curved Z87.1 certified visor. The visor is now mounted with improved high-quality helmet hardware from Bell Racing. Our new visor offers improved eye protection with a more compact profile, and better optical clarity. All visors are curved from side to side, but this one is also curved from top to bottom – like a fighter pilot’s visor. The new visor is made by Gentex, the same way they make combat flight helmet visors. It provides maximum protection without any optical distortion. Our other latest improvement is the new easy-open steel safety buckle.We revised the design to make it easier to operate. It requires two buttons be pushed for release, so it can’t come off accidentally in a violent impact.
The AVC Helmet is available in four different sizes. Most Fire-Rescue style helmets are one size fits all style helmets with a ratcheting headband. They are bulky and cumbersome. Where can they often be found at an MVA? On the roof because they just won’t fit into places Paramedics work. Because our helmet is produced in 4 different sizes, it never sticks out more than 1.5” from your head. This permits the mobility required to do EMS work in a confined space, like an ambulance.
The AllMed AVC Helmet is designed to protect the wearer in a mobile medical, motor-vehicle work environment. The DOT standard is endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission for all “Wheeled, Large Motor” vehicle activities*.No other EMS Helmet on the market today is built to protect you where you work – in a moving motor vehicle. Many actually come with a warning label “Not for Use in a Moving Vehicle”.
Our AVC Helmet shell is an exclusive high-pressure composite of ballistic Kevlar and aerospace Carbon Fiber. We use less resin by injecting it under pressure, for a lighter and stronger helmet. Having exactly the right amount of resin versus fiber controls laminate structure and insures optimal performance. Most importantly it provides the best impact resistance at the lightest weight possible. We know a helmet too heavey and cumbersome to work in, can’t really offer much protection. Fire Helmet are for Firefighters, the AVC Helmet is purpose-built for the workplace hazards and physical demands of a Paramedic.
A few of the unique features include;
- Exclusive Gel-Coat chromed carbon fiber finish standard, subdued optional
- Steel quick-release buckle
- Star of Life die cut crown pad, with a Reflective Star of Life front decal.
- Detachable sweatband can be easily removed and cleaned. You also get three different thickness sweatbands for a near custom fit.
- New ANSI Z87.1 visor can be worn over most prescription glasses and features a nose cutout design for optimal eye protection.
- Impervious “wipe-down”, patent-pending expanded polyurethane impact liner makes it easy to keep clean.
- Standard TX-1 LED Helmet Light. The light is safely breakaway mounted and it swivels. It is heat resistant and waterproof, and features 3 super-white LED’s.
- Easy access to the ears, for use of a stethoscope and communications equipment
- “Blackout” Reflective trim for a professional look and 360° enhanced visibility Offered in S, M, L, and XL sizes. Available in Royal Blue, Navy, and Red with other limited custom colors on request.
You can learn more about how & why we came to believe Medics heads need protecting here, here, and here. The image below is our latest finish, a gorgeous semi-opaque blue gel coat over black carbon fiber we will probably call Dark Blue or Navy. It’s much more subdued than our standard chromed carbon finished royal blue version.
Coming Soon! Bell EMT-1 Helmet By January 2013