Field professionals from around the country provided lots of ideas for how we could make the AVC Helmet better, and we listened. The latest AllMed AVC Helmet is now available in four different shell sizes. The benefit of more sizes is a better fit, and a very compact profile. Built to the DOT FMVSS 218 Standard, the AllMed AVC Helmet is designed to protect the wearer in a mobile medical, motor-vehicle work environment. The DOT standard is endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission for all “Wheeled, Large Motor” vehicle activities*. It’s the only CPSC endorsed standard for this application that permits access to the ears, vital for diagnostics and communications.
Our AVC Helmet shell is a high-pressure ballistic Kevlar and aerospace Carbon Fiber composite. Having exactly the right amount of resin versus fiber controls laminate structure. With a typical wet lay-up hand laminated helmet, the best resin versus fiber volume is 50%. By injecting the resin under high pressure, we achieve a 40% resin to 60% fiber ratio that is optimum for helmet shells. But that is not where the expanded list of new features ends;
1. New exclusive Gel-Coat chromed carbon fiber finish resists scratches much better than a painted shell.
2. New steel quick-release buckle, several times the strength of a plastic buckle.
3. New Star of Life die cut crown pad, with a Reflective Star of Life front decal.
4. New detachable sweatband can be easily removed and cleaned. Plus, with each AVC Helmet you get two additional thickness sweatbands for a near custom fit.
5. New polycarbonate visor with a very compact ratchet mechanism. The new visor offers smooth, one-handed operation. It’s also truly field replaceable.
6. New high impact vinyl edge guard offers extra protection if the helmet is dropped.
7. New impervious “wipe-down”, patent-pending expanded polyurethane impact liner makes it easy to keep clean.
8. New optional TX-1 LED Helmet Light. The light is safely breakaway mounted, and it swivels. It is heat resistant and waterproof, and features 3 super-white LED’s.
The AllMed AVC Helmet has all the features Medics love including;
§ Easy access to the ears, for use of stethoscope and communications equipment
§ “Blackout” Reflective trim for a professional look and 360° enhanced visibility
§ It’s still the thinnest DOT compliant EMS Crew helmet on the market
Most other so-called EMS helmets are simply ANSI compliant safety helmets. They are not designed for use where you work, in a moving motor vehicle. The new AllMed AVC Helmet offers EMS providers a true EMS Helmet, designed for use in a mobile medical work environment.
Our AVC™ Helmets are designed to be a snug fit and are very form fitting. It is crucial to for a good fit that you take the time to measure your head carefully. Face straight forward, and have someone else measure the circumference of your head. Measure ½” above the ears. Our AVC™ Helmet comes in 4 different sizes. Each helmet is supplied with three different thickness sweatbands.
SMALL fits 21”- 22”
MEDIUM fits 22 1/8” – 23”
LARGE fits 23 1/8” – 24”
X-LARGE fits 24 1/8” – 25”
More Here Ambulance Vehicle Crew Helmet
UDATE: We are currently (12/1/08) launching the third generation AVC Helmet.